News and Events
- Dust Collection Manufacturer Changes Name to Camfil Air Pollution Control (February 2013) - Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) will now operate under the name Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC).
- New HemiPleat® eXtreme Dust Collector Filter Offers Higher Efficiency and Durability, Lower Pressure Drop (January 2013) - A new HemiPleat® eXtreme nano fiber filter from Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) offers higher filtration efficiencies, greater durability, and better resistance to pulse-cleaning than competitive products.
- Camfil APC Updates Farr Gold Series Dust and Fume Collectors (December 2012) - Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) has announced major updates to its popular line of Farr Gold Series® cartridge dust and fume collectors.
- Camfil APC Unveils "Remembering Tree" Sculpture (November 2012) - Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) unveils a unique art piece to representatives, distributors and employees gathered for an international sales meeting.
- "Clean Air Rocks" Video Takes Virtual Tour Through A Dust Collector (September 2012) - Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) has partnered with Arkansas State University’s Center for Digital Initiatives (CDI) to create a 3D animated video titled “Clean Air Rocks.”
- Camfil APC to Build New UK Manufacturing Facility (August 2012) - Camfil APC announces plans to build a new manufacturing facility in the UK that will serve locations throughout Europe.
- New Spark Arrestor Protects Against Dust Collector Fires (July 2012) - Camfil APC has introduced a new spark arrestor that provides superior protection to its Farr Gold Series cartridge dust and fume collection systems.
- Expanded Line of Integrated Safety Monitoring Filters (May 2012) - Camfil APC announces the expansion of its line of Integrated Safety Monitoring Filters.
- Updated Farr Gold Series® Cartridge Dust and Fume Collectors Featured in New Brochure (March 2012) - Camfil APC announces the release of an updated brochure describing the Farr Gold Series industrial dust collector.
- FarrVac Junior Pulse-Cleaned Industrial Vacuum Minimizes Clogs (December 2011) - Camfil APC announces the release of the new industrial vacuum, which uses HEPA filtration and operates without compressed air.
- New Video Discusses Dust Collection Equipment for Pharmaceutical Containment (November 2011) - Camfil APC's pharmaceutical market manager discusses how to achieve three goals for dust collection in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Camfil APC Launches "Web 2.0" Site with Videos, Chat and Social Media (September 2011) - The new features incorporate interactive chat, a comprehensive video library and social media.
- Camfil APC Names Schreier Metalworking Market Manager (September 2011) - Greg Schreier has been appointed to the newly created position of metalworking market manager.
- Dust Collection Capabilities Video (August 2011) - A new video showcases Camfil APC's dust collection products and capabilities.
- HemiPleat Conductive Dust Collector Filters (July 2011) - The new HemiPleat conductive filter combines high filtration efficiency, long service life, and conductive properties.
- Integrated HEPA Safety Monitoring Filter (June 2011) - The Farr Gold Series dust collector is now offered with an optional integrated HEPA Safety Monitoring Filter.
- Camfil APC Promotes Dauber and Frungillo to VP Posts (May 2011) - Camfil APC announces the promotion of John Dauber and Tomm Frungillo to VP posts.
- New Brochure for EPA's MFHAP Requirement (March 2011) - Camfil APC announces the release of a new brochure designed to help companies comply with the new MFHAP requirement from the EPA.
- Free Dust Collection Seminars (January 2011) - Introducting a new technical seminar program that focuses on how to understand and maintain dust collection systems for optimum performance.
- New Product/Engineering CD (November 2010) - A new Product/Engineering CD provides comprehensive information on dust and fume collection equipment.
- Camfil APC Opens Five Regional Sales & Service Offices (July 2010) - Five new offices are open across the United States for enhanced support of customers nationwide.
- New HemiPleat® Nano Filter (July 2010) - Nano filter media provides higher filtration efficiencies, longer service life and a lower pressure drop than competitive nano fiber filters.
- Farr Gold Series High Vacuum Dust Collector (March 2010) - Camfil APC introduces an industrial dust collector designed for controlling emissions in high pressure applications.
- FarrVac Industrial Portable Vacuum (February 2010) - FarrVac heavy duty industrial vacuum minimizes clogs and operates without compressed air.
- Camfil APC Changes Name to Camfil APC (January 2010) - Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) announces that it has changed its name to Camfil APC.
- New Premium Efficiency Fan Motors bring Cost, Energy, Green Benefits (November 2009) - Camfil APC has become the first dust collection supplier to introduce a line of premium efficiency fan motors that offer operational and energy cost saving and green benefits.
- Portable Pulse-Cleaned Dust and Fume Collector Offers Three-Stage Filtration (October 2009) - The updated Zephyr III portable dust collector combines three-stage filtration with versatility and ease of use.
- Camfil APC Publishes Sustainability Brochure (July 2009) - The new six-page brochure summarizes the company's industry-leading green and sustainable initiatives.
- New Dust and Fume Collector Delivers High Performance for Small Airflow Applications (June 2009) - The new collector controls emissions from small airflow applications up to 2,000 CFM and incorporates the best features of Camfil APC's premium Farr Gold Series cartridge collectors.
- Camfil APC Launches New Industrial Dust Collection Web Site (September 2008) - The new content-rich site provides viewers with easy-to-navigate paths to help guide and simplify dust collection decisions.
- New Self-dumping Hopper Simplifies Disposal of Dust from Cartridge Collectors (July 2008) - Designed to provide easy dust disposal while protecting against unwanted dust leakage between the collector and hopper.
- FDC Dust Collector Controller Ensures User-friendly, Reliable Pulse Cleaning (January 2008) - The unit monitors pressure differential across the filters to ensure more efficient pulse cleaning, reducing compressed air energy usage and extending filter life.
- Farr Gold Series Cartridge Dust Collectors Now Offered with High Performance Explosion Vent (June 2007) - The multi-ribbed X-vent is NFPA approved and CD and ATEX certified for European use, and delivers a very high negative static operating pressure rating of -80"WC.
- Camfil APC Appears on Norman Schwarzkopf's World Business Review TV Series (March 2007) - Company president Lee Morgan discusses the new technologies that Camfil APC has developed to clean dust and fumes from factory air. (Video posted for viewing.)
- HemiPleat® Retrofit Cartridges Offered - Camfil APC develops a full line of HemiPleat retrofit cartridges which may be used to upgrade performance or solve problems of existing dust collector systems.
- John Dauber Appointed as North American Sales Manager (July 2006) - Promotion follows 15 years of sales engineering and sales management experience in the dust collection industry.
- HemiPleat HE Filter Media Offers Maximum Efficiency, Double the Service Life (June 2006) - The HemiPleat HE offers an unsurpassed MERV 15 efficiency rating, coupled with twice the service life and half the pressure drop of standard dust collector cartridge filters.
- Lee Morgan Named President of Camfil Air Pollution Control (June 2006) - Joining Farr in 1997, Lee has held a variety of management positions in the company's air pollution control business unit leading up to his promotion.
Meetings and Webinars
- Free Webinar to Explain EPA NESHAP Rule 6X (January 2012) - Educational webinar designed to help metalworking professionals to understand and comply with the new EPA regulation, which imposes stringent requirements for the exhausting of welding fumes and other processes that may contain hazardous air pollutants.
- NFPA Seminar on Explosive Dust Hazards (November 2008) - Technical training on explosion protection for dust collection systems was led by a speaker from the NFPA and held at Camfil APC headquarters.
- Camfil APC 2007 International Sales Meeting (November 2007) - Sales representatives from around the world attended a training seminar in Jonesboro, AR about combustible dust and industrial explosions.
- Camfil APC "Learn-Over-Lunch" Events - These events provide a casual, yet effective way to meet with engineering firms and other customers to provide a demonstration of the Farr Gold Series and discuss technical issues regarding industrial dust collection.
Alerts and Advisories
- OSHA Requires Compliance with NFPA Standards for Combustible Dusts - The Occupational Safety and Health Administration warns of the dangers from combustible dusts, sending thousands of letters to business owners across America.